- November 28, 2011 - After transferring 2 healthy embryos and waiting 10 days, we were informed that Melissa was pregnant!
- November 28,2011 - December 5, 2011 - Through the next 10 days, the HCG numbers continued to increase, but did not progress at a level that made us think that the pregnancy was going well. We assumed that the lowish numbers were not super positive, but were still hopeful.
- December 5th, 2011 - At about 1:20am, Melissa experienced severe cramps and heavy bleeding. We were sure that Melissa was having a miscarriage and that our concerns about the numbers were proven correct. We spent a long, horrible night dealing with the "loss".
- December 5th, 2011 - Later that morning, we went to the doctor. He saw lots of blood in the uterus and confirmed that Melissa most likely had a miscarriage. However, we were still told to continue the medication and go back to the doctor the following day.
- December 6th, 2011 - We met with our fertility doctor for an ultrasound to confirm the loss. To everyone's surprise, he saw two good looking yolk sacks. We were elated. Not only did Melissa NOT have a miscarriage, but she was pregnant with twins!
- December 6th, 2011 - December 13th, 2011 - We had a great week. It was fun thinking that Melissa was pregnant. Although in the back of our minds we knew that anything could happen, we were still having fun with everything. At the same time, Melissa's body showed all the signs of pregnancy.
- December 13th, 2011 - We saw our fertility doctor again and he said, "It's not good news." Apparently, the sacks weren't growing as expected. He told us to continue on the medicine for another week, but most likely, the outcome would not be positive.
- December 13th, 2011- December 20th, 2011 - We basically experienced the loss again. This week was terrible as we were both sad. Not only that, but every time we had to give Melissa a shot was a reminder of the fact that the process wasn't working.
- December 20th, 2011 - We saw the fertility doctor again for the final ultrasound and he confirmed that this cycle was not successful.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Normally, you'd think that the holidays would be a stress free time of year. I've tried to get into all of the decorations, music, and general spirit of the season. But, it's been really tough to be stress free at the moment. A couple of months ago, we decided to try the fertility process again. We were hopeful that the process would work, but knew there were no guarantees and that our chances were on the low end. Here's a time line of what we've been going through: